Project Name: European Research and Preparedness Network for Pandemics and Emerging Infectious Diseases
Poject Acronym: EU-RESPONSE
Project Number: 101015736
Project Start Date: 01/07/2020
Project End Date: 30/06/2025
Project Summary: The overall objective of this proposal is to build a multinational, adaptive pan-European COVID-19 and emerging infectious diseases platform trial network, based on existing initiatives, experiences and competencies.
Coordinator: Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale (Inserm)
- To expand, in the short-term, DisCoVeRy involving as many EU Member States and Associated Countries
- To build a multinational, European multi-arm COVID-19 platform trial beyond DisCoVeRy;
- To provide in the mid-term a modular trial framework within this platform enabling most if not all European hospitals to participate at their preferred level of commitment;
- To develop a network of hospitals with ICU and non-ICU departments within EU Member States and Associated Countries;
- To build a strong governance for the selection of treatment and strategies to be evaluated, taking into consideration all stakeholders involved;
- To develop a second-generation master protocol targeting in particular COVID-19;
- To launch and conduct, in the medium term, through this platform a first trial based on an open call;
- To coordinate the activities between different pan-European COVID-19 Adaptive Platform trials, establishing a single coordination mechanism with a coordinated strategy aligned with European and national policies.
- Extending DisCoVeRy in Europe;
- DisCoVeRy for Solidarity: a platform trial for COVID-19 and other emerging infectious diseases;
- Coordination of the pan-European COVID-19 Adaptive Platform trials.